Like most of you, I look at New Years as an opportunity to reflect on what this last year has taught us here on our small farm and feel reenergized about what’s ahead. As we march forward into 2022 as a small farm, I do have my eyes set on a few key goals and dreams. Perhaps that’s why I’m a bit long-winded in the video (sorry about that). Truth be told, we’re deep diving back into our homestead this year with the same eagerness we started with almost a decade ago.
Let me paraphrase for you, in case you’ve only got a few minutes to spare:
- Replace breeding ewes (old ewes will live out their retirement years on the farm).
- Get ear tag equipment/band ram lambs
- Prioritize butter storage
- Learn to freeze-dry milk
- Replace old hens in flock with new chicks
- Butcher unneeded roosters
- NO FREE RANGE CHICKENS!
- Prioritize fermenting and freeze drying produce
- Prioritize growing as much as we can of utilitarian crops
Lots more about our small farm dreams in the video below! What are YOUR goals for 2022?